Who we are:
At Live Oak CS, we are building for the next generation of engineers. Our mission is to give students and educators the tools they need to effectively teach CS education at the middle and high school level. We also function as a software development agency for several projects under our holding company.
Who we're looking for:
- You understand good communication is one of the most important aspects of the job
- You are a self starter, we're a small team, so the ability to see a project through while keeping management in the loop is critical
- You are always learning.
- You have strong opinions, but are not dogmatic
- Confidence in your craft
- humble and trustworthy
Ruby Role Specifics:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Comfortable with a maturing rails codebase
- comfort with stimulus / reflex / turbo (the last one is fairly new so a general JS comfort level will suffice)
- You consider performance / security considerations of your code
- You write good tests (we use RSpec)
- You're comfortable pairing / mentoring / reviewing code, while being teachable:
How we Hire:
- We strive to give a timely response to all applicants (we won't ghost you)
- Initial screening call.
- Short self paced project
- Code review of self paced project
- Meet your future colleagues
- contract with us (We pay you a competitive rate for a 90 day trial period - during this time you're welcome to work part time as long as their is some overlap with our team schedules - we are typically between 8am and 6pm)